- Master Degree Geography with Land Surveying), Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, 1964.
- Land Surveying, West Bengal Survey Institute, Calcutta, India, 1966-67.
- Ph. D. Research Fellow (Border Issues of Nepal with special reference to the Demarcation of Mechi and Mahakali Riverine Segments and the Implications on Border Management System), Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu.
- · Training Workshop on Boundary Demarcation & Maintenance, Durham University, International Boundaries Research Unit (IBRU), United Kingdom, 13-16 September 2009.
- Training Workshop on Negotiating International Boundaries, Durham University, International Boundaries Research Unit (IBRU), United Kingdom, 6-9 April 2008.
- Land Use Mapping- Rural Planning and Development, University of Guelph, Canada (1 year), 1982-83.
- Land Information System, DSE Germany (3 months), 1986.
- Remote Sensing Technology Training, Remote Sensing Technology Center, Tokyo, Japan (2 months), 1979.
- In-Service Administrative Management Training, Department of Administrative Management, Kathmandu, Nepal (2 months) 1972.
- Training-cum Workshop on Development Planning, Center for Economic Development and Administration (CEDA) Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal (Six Weeks) 1978.
- Consulting Methods and Skills, MAN/USAID, Kathmandu, Nepal (2 Weeks), 1993
- Study of Nepal-India Boundary Maps, Documents and Treaties, British Library (India Office Records & Collections), London- UK, 8-21 August 1998 & 9-20 April 2006 and 15-20 April 2008.
- Study of Nepal-India Boundary Maps and Documents, Library of Congress, Washington DC- USA, 25 May to 14 June 1999, 6-20 November 2000, 8-29 October 2003 and 21 to 30 June 2007.
- Study of Nepal-India Boundary Maps and Documents, Harvard College Library, Harvard Pusey Map Collection Library and Harvard Law Library, Boston- USA, 18 to 23 August 2003 and 8 to 15 June 2007.
- Study of the Historical Maps of Nepal-India-China Tri-junction Points, National Library of China, Beijing, 7-13 October 2001.
- Study of the historical documents and papers on boundary of Nepal in various Libraries of Nepal, including Keshar Pustakalaya, Madan Pustakalaya, National Library, Archeology Library, British Library, American Reading Room etc. in Kathmandu.